Alexander and Lily

Alexander and Lily

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Blessings

As we begin the new year, I think of how blessed we have been in 2011. We were blessed with health, as well as the incredible joy of watching Lily and Alexander grow and change. They have both grown tremendously in their language development. We feel blessed to have learned about The Moog Center for Deaf Education in St. Louis and the Moog Curriculum school in the Cincinnati area--Ohio Valley Voices. We are absolutely AMAZED at the progress Lily has made since she began attending OVV.

My mom has been the most tremendous blessing of 2011. After we learned of Lily's hearing loss, my mom dropped everything, moved from her home of 40+ years, and moved to our city to help us with Lily's therapy. She took Lily to auditory verbal therapy every week for 2 years. Without my mom, Lily wouldn't be able to go to OVV, which is a 2 hour, one way trip. My husband and I both work, so my mom takes Lily to school everyday. It is a huge sacrifice for her and she does it anyway. She never complains, even the day she was sick. She got sick one afternoon after picking Lily up from school. What is usually a 2 hour drive home turned into a 4 hour drive home as she had to stop so often while she was getting sick. Alexander screamed the whole way home and she was so sick, but still no complaining. I hope she knows how much I love and appreciate her. My mom has been just as dedicated to my children's success with listening and speaking as Josh and I have been.

She is a HUGE blessing! I love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment