Alexander and Lily

Alexander and Lily

Monday, February 17, 2014

2 Years

I can't believe it's been nearly 2 years since I last posted! Well, we made it through 2 years of commuting 260 miles per day, 4 days per week, so the kids could attend Ohio Valley Voices, the amazing oral deaf school in the Cincinnati area. We thought we'd be so happy this year, not having to make that drive. However, we've found that we miss Ohio Valley Voices terribly. The kids' first year in mainstream preschool has been okay, but it certainly isn't amazing. I keep telling myself, "this is what you wanted, this is what you (and the kids) have worked so hard for...mainstream schooling." I just didn't realize how good we had it when the kids were attending a school, in which all of the staff members are experts in hearing loss.


No comments:

Post a Comment