Alexander and Lily

Alexander and Lily

Friday, February 27, 2009

We're Having a Baby!

No, not another baby. Yesterday was the anniversary of the day we found out we were expecting Lily. We were sooo excited and there was so much we didn't know. We didn't know that our first child would change us so much. I had NO IDEA how much she would change me. Before Lily, I didn't know the kind of love that a mother has for her child. She has put in me a love that is so great and so deep that I could've never imagined. I loved her as she was growing inside me and I loved her when she was born, but somehow I love her more with every passing moment. When we found out we were expecting Lily we didn't know that we would have to help her to be able to hear. Her hearing loss has made me appreciate so much more in life. There is a lot I take for granted. So much has changed in a year, and I'm thankful that those changes have made me the mommy of a beautiful baby girl.

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing the love one can have for ones child. I felt that with my first born, hearing, Katy. With Mary it took longer to bond with her. I dont know if it was because she did not interact with us in the same way. I als had such a strong bond with Katy. We did not know Mary was deaf until she was 8-9 months. Not her fault it was difficult at the time. So glad she cant remember the time. Now I wouldnt be without her. She is so loving and beautiful. Makes me sad to think I could have made things better for her in her first year. Oh well no point dwelling on then. Onwards and upwards. Brilliant Mary. You are so lucky to have had the quick start to life with a deaf child. Squealing hearing aids and stinky ears and all. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete