Alexander and Lily

Alexander and Lily

Friday, July 10, 2009

Crawling and Silka Wear Bonnets


Lily is finally crawling and now I can't keep her out of things! She's everywhere! As I'm writing, she crawled over to my stack of magazines and is now crumpling and tearing the pages of all of them. She has hundreds of toys and books, but she wants my magazines.

Today we got what I hope is to be our LAST pair of ear molds. Her surgery date is in about 3 weeks. I'm so very excited! We also know that activation day is August 31. That is the day I'm really looking forward to.

Lily is wearing a SilkaWear bonnet in these last pictures. They are kind of like the Hanna Andersson pilot caps I blogged about here, but much more expensive. The side panels are made of mesh to allow sound and air to circulate. Honestly, I think the Hanna Andersson caps are just as good. We decided to get the SilkaWear bonnet becasue of the elastic around the face. When Lily was scooting on her back all over the place, she would scoot the pilot cap off and then take the hearing aids out. It is a lot harder for her to scoot the SilkaWear bonnet off. Most of the time the elastic keeps the bonnet in place even when she is scooting around on her back.

2 comments:

  1. WOW .. only three weeks until surgery! It'll be here before you know it! She's so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad we got a chance to meet. We will be thinking and praying for Lily as she has her surgery.
    If you need anything, let us know.
    Bill would love to meet your husband, maybe we can plan our Saturday meeting at Dawes after things settle down with Lily's surgery and activation. I can't wait to hear how she is doing.

    ReplyDelete